Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Junkyard Dog


The Junkyard Dog, written by Erika Tamar, was a great book. This book is about a 5th grader named Katie. One day, Katie was walking home from school and saw teenagers throwing rocks at a dog in a junkyard. So Katie goes home and tells her dad what she has seen. Katie explains that the dog has been threw a lot of pain. Secretly, she begins to take the dog food and water. If her dad finds out what she is up to, she will be in big trouble. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves dogs.

Jackson W.

4 comments:

  1. Jackson-
    I am so glad you read this book and are telling me about it. I feel sorry for the dog. I am proud of all you have learned this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jackson! Nice thinking. It makes me nervous to read this one. You know how I feel about books that have pictures of dogs on the front! Sounds like Katie makes a good decision though. Thanks for reviewing it for me!
    Miss Roth

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    from jessica=)

    ReplyDelete